Monday, November 22, 2010

Ship Names

There is a forum post currently circulating in Orion asking for players to explain their ship name. It really got me thinking about the name for my own ship, which was chosen for a specific purpose. Sadly, I am so tired of the constant and continuous grief-ing that I decided to take a break from posting, so I will put it here instead.

My ship name (Refuge of Audacity) comes from a quote by Tacitus: Crime, once exposed, has no refuge but in audacity. (Annals, book XI ch. 26)

I thought it fit my activities as a member in ULF which are always one step away from blatant criminality while I always display foolish audacity. Although many things can be said of Hope Hubris, this character's actions and interactions with others exemplify the many aspects of both hope and hubris.

No comments:

Post a Comment